AccessMedicine (NMCSD App)
Includes only Quick Medical Dx & Rx, Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas of Dermatology, Differential Diagnosis Tool and Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests.
1. From AccessMedicine website, click on “Naval Medical Center” in the upper right corner, then click on “Sign in Or Create a Free MyAccess Profile”
2. Click on “Don’t have a MyAccess Profile” and follow instructions.
3. From you mobile device, download the appropriate app at Google Play Store or Apple ITunes Store
4. Once downloaded, login with your personal account created in step one
NOTE: You will need to use the AccessMedicine from a work computer to login to your MyAccess Profile account every 90 days for continued access to the app.
BrowZine (NMCSD App)
BrowZine lets you browse, read and monitor scholarly journals on your iOS or Android device or on your computer. To get started, download "BrowZine" app in the app store on your device or go to browzine.com or the library website for computer access. Select Naval Medical Center San Diego Library as your library. Browzine app users need to register for a free OpenAthens account on the library website to be able to access fulltext. Please email questions or feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Cochrane Library IPad Edition (Free)
In this app, you can easily access abstracts, read selected reviews, and view full-page summary of findings tables. All content in the app is free, and new issues will be downloaded regularly to your Newsstand.
DynaMedPlus (NMCSD App)
Evidence-based point-of-care reference tool. Now includes Micromedex® Clinical Knowledge Suite drug content, patient handouts.
1. Go to DynaMedPlus website and click on Sign up for Remote Access.
2. Enter required information and look for an email Access to DynaMed Plus in your mailbox.
3. Download the app from the iTunes Store or Google Play Store
4. View the email for instruction on how to complete the registration
NOTE: The activation link will expire in 72 hours. You can contact EBSCO support to receive a new account setup URL or password reset.
First Consult (NMCSD & Navy Medicine App)
Information on the screening, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of the medical conditions responsible for office visits & admissions
You need a Clinical Key free personal account to access the First Consult app. If you already have one, start with step 4:
1. Go to http://www.clinicalkey.com/ on work network computer and click on "Register" link
2. Enter required data - your email will be your username
3. Open App Store on your IPhone/IPad and download First Consult App
4. Click "FREE" then "INSTALL APP"
5. Three options will appear - choose option 1 ("I use First Consult and know my username")
6. Enter your Clinical Key username and password and start using First Consult
LexiComp (NMCSD & Navy Medicine App)
Drug information, lab and diagnostic procedures, diseases and conditions, patient education and more
1. Connect to Lexicomp Online. If you're accessing the site from off-site, you'll be prompted to log in with your remote access username and password (MyAthens/OpenAthens).
2. Select the Mobile App Access button on the right side of the screen:
3. Follow instructions and select appropriate platform and receive access code.
Note: The code is valid for one year and must be reactivated each January. No wireless access is required to use this app. Remember to update this resource regularly to ensure the information is uptodate, either by synching or clicking update on your phone/device.
Stat!Ref (NMCSD & Navy Medicine App)
The STAT!Ref Mobile App allows you to access your institution’s STAT!Ref subscription from your device.
It covers over 40 medical, nursing, pharmaceutical and dental reference titles. Please follow the instructions at http://www.statref.com/products/srmobile.html on how to download, install and access the app.
UpToDate (NMCSD & Navy Medicine App)
A clinical decision support resource combining the evidence with expert opinion and designed to be useful at the point-of-care. To use UpToDate app you must first register for a personal account with UpToDate: https://www.uptodate.com/login-register
If you already have a personal UpToDate account to earn CME credits, please proceed to Step 2.
1. Go to UpToDate (http://www.uptodate.com/contents/search) from a work computer or go to UpToDate through MyAthens/OpenAthens (https://www.uptodate.athens.jsp) to register for a free personal UpToDate account.
2. Once you have created your account go to Google Play Store or Apple App Store to download and install the free UpToDate app on your device.
3. After the app is installed, open the app and login using UpToDate personal username and password
You will receive a confirmation from UpToDate after you register. Keep this message for future reference. You will be required to use your username and password each time you log into UpToDate.
Note: To keep your account active you must log into your personal UpToDate account every 30 days from a command network computer.
ClinicalKey is a clinical search tool that supports clinical decisions.
Create an account in 4 easy steps!
Go to www.ClinicalKey.com and click Register in the top right corner.
1. Using the email address associated with your institution, fill in the required information on the registration page.
2. Click Register when finished. ClinicalKey will display an activation message and sends a confirmation email.
3. In the confirmation email, click the link to officially start your remote access
4. Download the ClinicalKey app that’s appropriate for your device from Google Play Store or Apple App Store
Note: This will grant you access for 180 days. Prior to the end of the 180 days log into ClinicalKey from your work network computer. This will extend your remote access via app for the next 180 days.