Literature Search Request
NMCSD staff members can ask the Library for a search of biomedical databases on a specific topic(s) by emailing email@example.com
Please provide your personal details and information on the following aspects as outlined below:
Type of search
- The requests for information needed for immediate patient care have top priority. If such information is required ASAP, please in addition to emailing your search request also call the Library at 619-532-7950
Please indicate in your email:
- If you simply require a few recent & relevant articles on a clinical problem /research topic (allow 1-3 days depending on workload).
- If you require a more extensive / systematic search of the literature (allow 3-5 days depending on workload)
- If this is an IACUC search (allow 2-4 weeks depending on workload)
Search Topic / keywords
- A clear description of the clinical decision / problem / research topic will help the librarians to search more effectively.
- Any keywords and synonyms (particularly for technical terms) you provide will also help.
- If possible/desirable, provide citations for a couple of key citations on the topic that you already have.
- If you are interested in only a specific age range of the population, gender, etc. that is not obvious from the topic description please state this.
- Restrictions could also include type of study (e.g. systematic reviews, RCT etc.)
- If you are interested in only specific databases/search engines to be searched please let us know.
Other points to note
- The date range for the retrieved references (search back to what year) if this is important.
- The accepted languages (English is selected by default, please let us know if you are interested in any other languages)
- The date by which you require the completed literature search.
- The completed literature search will comprise text documents of references with links that may take you to the full-text or it will consist of separate emails with results from databases.
Follow us on Twitter @nmcsdlibrary
Monday-Friday: 7:30am - 5pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Closed Federal Holidays
After Hours Access
NMCSD staff with hospital badges (vice CACs) are allowed after-hours access to the Library for mission-related purposes. NMCSD staff who regularly need after-hours entry may apply in the Library for a keyless access card.
To request articles, literature searches, or any other requests, please email