These selected apps are part of products that the Naval Medical Center San Diego Library or Navy Medicine subscribe. Please contact the NMCSD Library with questions or additional app suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (619) 532-7950.
AccessMedicine (NMCSD staff only)
Includes only Quick Medical Dx & Rx, Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas of Dermatology, Differential Diagnosis Tool and Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests.
1. From AccessMedicine website, click on “Naval Medical Center” in the upper right corner, then click on “Sign in Or Create a Free MyAccess Profile”
2. Click on “Don’t have a MyAccess Profile” and follow instructions.
3. From you mobile device, download the appropriate app at Google Play Store or Apple ITunes Store.
4.Once downloaded, login with your personal account created in step one
NOTE: You will need to use the AccessMedicine from a work computer to login to your MyAccess Profile account every 90 days for continued access to the app.
BrowZine (NMCSD staff only)
BrowZine lets you browse, read and monitor scholarly journals on your iOS or Android device or on your computer.
1. To get started, download "BrowZine" app in the app store on your device or go to browzine.com or the library website for desktop access.
2. Select Naval Medical Center San Diego Library as your library.
* Browzine app users need to register for a free EZ Remote access account on the library website to be able to access full text.
ClinicalKey (NMCSD & Navy Medicine staff)
ClinicalKey is a clinical search tool that supports clinical decisions.
Go to www.ClinicalKey.com and click Register in the top right corner.
1. Using the email address associated with your institution, fill in the required information on the registration page.
2. Click Register when finished. ClinicalKey will display an activation message and sends a confirmation email.
3. In the confirmation email, click the link to officially start your remote access
4. Download the ClinicalKey app that’s appropriate for your device from Google Play Store or Apple App Store
Note: This will grant you access for 180 days. Prior to the end of the 180 days log into ClinicalKey from a Command PC and this will extend your remote access via app for another 180 days.
DynaMed (NMCSD & Navy Medicine Staff)
Evidence-based point-of-care reference tool. Now includes Micromedex® Clinical Knowledge Suite drug content, patient handouts.
1. Go to DynaMed and choose Mobile.
2. Choose "Learn more about how to install and authenticate the DynaMed app"
Isabel is used by physicians to help construct or broaden a differential diagnosis. By entering the information normally captured in a patient workup, physicians are provided with a list of possible diagnoses to help them construct their thinking and assist with making an accurate final diagnosis quickly and easily at the point of care.
From a Command PC visit Isabel under Quick Links on the library homepage or https://www.isabelhealthcare.com/suggest_diagnoses_advanced/landing_page#
Select Mobile Access, this will show you the current UserID and Password.
On the device go to: https://www.isabelhealthcare.com, save the shortcut to your home screen. Click on the icon: select ‘login’ and enter the details specified under Mobile Access, check ‘remember me’ to save login details.
Lexicomp (NMCSD & Navy Medicine staff)
Drug information, lab and diagnostic procedures, diseases and conditions, patient education and more
1. Connect to Lexicomp Online. If you're accessing the site from off-site, you'll be prompted to log in with your remote access username and password (MyAthens/OpenAthens).
2. Select the Mobile App Access button on the right side of the screen:
3. Follow instructions and select appropriate platform and receive access code.
Note: The code is valid for one year and must be reactivated each January. No wireless access is required to use this app. Remember to update this resource regularly to ensure the information is uptodate, either by synching or clicking update on your phone/device.
The Medical Letter (NMCSD staff only)
The Medical Letter app enables you to get the latest issue of The Medical Letter On Drugs and Therapeutics on your mobile device. Browse past issues, earn CME/CE credits on the go, or find information quickly by using the search.
Pharmacist's Letter (NMCSD Staff only)
1, To access, navigate to https://pharmacist.therapeuticresearch.com/Home/PL on a command PC or via remote access. Click Get Your Login ID at the top. Fill in the form. An email will be sent to you with your ID.
2. Next, download the app. When prompted, enter your ID in the email/username field. No password is needed. Hit Login to continue. The app will authenticate you and update content. Content is available from March 2013 to the present. You may need to periodically login to the CE & Training section of the website on a command PC to continue use.
Stat!Ref (NMCSD & Navy Medicine staff)
The STAT!Ref Mobile App allows you to access your institution’s STAT!Ref subscription from your device. It covers over 40 medical, nursing, pharmaceutical and dental reference titles.
1.Go to STAT!Ref.
2. Select "My STAT!Ref" at top of homepage.
3. Register or login.
4. Click "Temporary Account Login" tab and click "Activate/Renew".
5. Download the STAT!Ref app from your mobile device's app/play store.
6. Enter "My STAT!Ref" email and password when prompted.
more... Note: every 90 days users of the STAT!Ref app will need to renew their account. To do so, follow the first four steps above.
UpToDate (NMCSD & Navy Medicine staff)
A clinical decision support resource combining the evidence with expert opinion and designed to be useful at the point-of-care. To use UpToDate app you must first register for a personal account with UpToDate: https://www.uptodate.com/login-register
If you already have a personal UpToDate account to earn CME credits, please proceed to Step 2.
1. Go to UpToDate (http://www.uptodate.com/contents/search) from a work computer or go to UpToDate through MyAthens/OpenAthens (https://www.uptodate.athens.jsp) to register for a free personal UpToDate account.
2. Once you have created your account go to Google Play Store or Apple App Store to download and install the free UpToDate app on your device.
3. After the app is installed, open the app and login using UpToDate personal username and password
You will receive a confirmation from UpToDate after you register. Keep this message for future reference. You will be required to use your username and password each time you log into UpToDate.
Note: To keep your account active you must log into your personal UpToDate account every 180 days from a command network computer.